These pancakes have got to be one of my favorite warm, gooey delicious recipe’s to have for breakfast or lunch… or dinner!
They are super easy to make and they look very impressive once they’re done.
Not only are they gluten free but they can be made vegan too!
Time: 5 minutes prep, 10 minutes cooking.
You will need:
1 egg or flax egg
2 Tbsp coconut oil/butter, melted (1 for batter and 1 for cooking)
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1Tbsp Agave or any sweetener of your choice (optional)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (or any other all purpose flour)
1/3 cup blueberries
Topping ideas: more blueberries, maple syrup, desiccated coconut.
Now let’s get cooking!
- Start by making your flax egg if you are making the pancakes vegan. To do this: Place 1 tablespoon of flax meal mixed with 3 tablespoons warm water in a bowl and set aside for 5 minutes. Otherwise feel free to use a chicken egg.
- In a large bowl combine the egg/flax egg, 1 tablespoon of the melted coconut oil, agave, baking soda, baking powder, salt, almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Whisk or beat with an electric beater until a smooth, light and fluffy mixture forms.
- Add your flour a beat until smooth. No lumps!
- Stir in your blueberries (save a few to put on afterwards).
- I decided to make mine extra healthy so I added some SuperThrive for Woman. Feel free to read more about it here.
- Allow the batter to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat your pan. Coat the pan with coconut oil and dollop about 4 tablespoons of the mixture in the centre of the pan.
- Once air bubbles start coming through the centre of the pancake, then it is ready to be flipped.
- Place all the pancakes on top of one another and top with maple syrup, more blueberries and some desiccated coconut.
- Serve straight away!