Hi guys and girls!
Today I wanted to share with you my favourite healthy snack for when you are having major chocolate cravings. This is a healthy alternative that will help kill those cravings!
Of course, nothing will ever taste as wonderfully delicious as chocolate – for me at least – but this can be eaten as a breakfast dessert and you don’t even have to feel guilty!
So let’s get… blending?
You will need:
- 3/4 cup Mixed Nuts (I used half almonds and half cashews)
- 1/2 cup Mixed Seeds (I used a mixture of Pumpkin, Sunflower and Flax Seeds)
- 1tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp SuperThrive for Woman (or men – if you’re a man) Powder (OPTIONAL)
- 1/2 cup Cacoa Powder
- 1 cup Dates (pitted) + 3tbs Water (If using Fresh) / 8tbs Water (If using Dried Dates)
- 1/4 cup Cacao Nibs
- Shredded coconut and cacao powder for the topping at the end. (Here you can choose anything you like!Method:
1. In a food processor grind nuts until fine.2. Add the cacao powder, vanilla extract, SuperThrive and salt. Pulse until combined.
3. Add the chopped dates and water. Blend until all the ingredients are well combined at at a consistency that will be able to hold its ‘ball shape.’
4. Remove from blender/thermomix.
5. Roll the dough into balls – I used two tablespoons to form the balls as my mixture was very sticky.
6. Roll the balls in shredded coconut or cacao powder.
7. Place balls in an airtight container and place in the freezer or fridge and freeze for at least 30 min before devouring! The balls should last for at least 2 weeks (if you manage not to eat them all by then.)
2 thoughts on “easy, high protein, chocolate balls.”
Loved this recipe so much. Looks delicious. 🤗👏👏 definitely following you 😙
So glad you enjoyed it! Feel free to tag me if you post any photos 😀 😀