If you’re looking for the easiest, quickest and most delicious butternut soup you’ll ever eat – you’ve found the right place.
If not, I’ll see you on Monday for another fashion post!
I created this soup the other day when there was LITERALLY nothing in the house; aside from one lonely butternut and an onion. It tasted so good – I ate ALL of it. I would say it yields about 2 large or 4 small portions (or one… for me).
So what you are gonna need to make this amazing concoction is:
- 1 butternut
- 30ml Oil
- 1 Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 cup boiling water
- Anything you want to have with it – I topped mine with toasted sunflower seeds!
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut up your butternut in similar size pieces and place it on a baking tray.
- Coat the butternut pieces with your oil of choice and sprinkle with the nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Place in the oven for 30 minutes – turning the pieces half way through.
- After 20 minutes of relaxing, while the butternut cooks, place your onion, garlic and oil into your Thermomix and chop on speed 5 for 5 seconds. Then sauté for 7min/120°C/speed 1.
- Add your roasted butternut (after removing the skin) to the onion in the Thermomix and add your cup of boiling water.
- Blend for 1 minute/ speed 5-10, gradually increasing the speed.
- Top with whatever you like and serve!
Let me know if you give it a go! xx
One thought on “quick, easy and delicious butternut soup!”
Yum! I an definitely going to try this recipe
LikeLiked by 2 people