Tomorrow is Friday the 13th… so I thought I would post this today just in case!
(If you don’t wanna read my babble… skip to the bottom for the recipe!)
Over the weekend, if you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen that I made over 100 rusks. Apparently, they are delicious! I needed to use up all the yogurt that we had leftover before it went off. Having said this, I can’t eat the rusks because they have gluten.
I therefore decided to quickly whip up some peanut butter cookies, so that I too could have something to dip into my coffee and tea. Now the only problem is… everyone wants my cookies and I only made 10! It’s a good thing they only take about 25 minutes to make.
These cookies are gluten free and can be made vegan and sugar-free too. They are the perfect cookie for when those peanut butter cravings hit!
To make the cookies… you will need:
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 GF self-raising flour (or more rice flour)
- 1/2 Cup Oats (I like to add them whole for the texture but feel free to make oat flour instead)
- 5 tbsp Xylitol (Or any sweetener of choice – or even no sweetener if you like)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter (Crunchy or smoooooth!)
- 1/2 Cup Milk of Choice (I used cows milk, but almond or any other alternative will work too)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/3 Cup Raspberries (If frozen, defrosted)
- 1 tbsp Raspberries
- 1 Tbsp Honey (Or any sweetener of choice – just nothing in granules because it will not dissolve)
- Start by preheating your oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add the peanut butter and milk and mix until well combined.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into your hand and role it into a ball. Using your finger, press them down in the middle so that there’s a mini swimming pool for the jam later on.
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes, or until the edges start to turn golden.
- While the cookies bake, place your raspberries, chia seeds and honey into a bowl. Using a fork, mash the mixture until well combined.
- One the cookies have finished baking, allow them to cool before topping them with the raspberry chia jam.
Devour straight away! Or… store them in an airtight container in the fridge until you can’t resist anymore!
Let me know what you think and if you try the recipe out.
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! xx
LET’S GET SOCIAL!
⇢ BLOG : https://2ohclock.com/
⇢ TWITTER : https://twitter.com/CGrimbly
⇢ INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/2ohclock/
⇢ SNAPCHAT: cassandragrimps
⇢ FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/2ohClock/
⇢ PINTEREST: https://www.pinterest.com/cassandraanneg/