I am having major mixed emotions towards this weather. On the one hand – I cannot wait for Summer: beaches, tans, smoothies, iced coffees and so on… but with the current dam level average across the province on 17 October being 35.9%, my current excitement comes with much stress.
“As the last 10% of a dam’s water is difficult to use, the useable water in the dam is approximately 10% less than the dam level.”
(Everyone should read this because this weeks post isn’t ‘babble’)
Cape Town residents and guests are limited to 87 liters of water per person, per day – with our water restrictions currently at level 5!
So what exactly constitutes 87 liters of water?
Here are some rough estimates:
- Flushing the toilet: 9 liters.
- Brushing teeth (turn off the tap while brushing!): 500ml.
- Washing Hands: 400ml.
- Showering for 2-3 minutes: 65 litres. (Depends on shower head)
- Cooking: 1 liter per meal, per person.
- Drinking Water: 2 liters.
- Pet’s drinking water: 1 liter per pet.
- Hand washing dishes in a sink: 18 liters.
- Dishwasher: 30 litres on ‘ECO’ mode.
- Washing Machine: 75 liters on ‘Quick wash.’
So let’s say each day you have:
- 1 shower (65l)
- Flush the toilet twice (18l)
- Wash your hands 3 times (1.2l)
- Wash your dishes (18l)
- Drinking water (2l)
- Brush your teeth twice (1l)
- Have 2 cooked meals (2l)
… you’re already looking at 107,2 liters!
I really hope residents of Cape Town, and the rest of the Western Cape are taking this very seriously.
Have shorter showers, stop flushing the toilet unnecessarily – save water however you can.
In honour of Summer coming, here is some super comfy outfit inspiration.
I love this Billabong set – this peachy colour looks good on any skin tone and instantly makes you appear a bit more tanned. Round, retro sunglasses are definitely a MUST HAVE for summer.
Get this look!
Shorts: Billabong | Top: Billabong | Sunglasses: Persol (Luxottica)
Lipstick: Kylie Cosmetics (Boujee)
LET’S GET SOCIAL!
⇢ BLOG : https://2ohclock.com/
⇢ TWITTER : https://twitter.com/CGrimbly
⇢ INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/2ohclock/
⇢ SNAPCHAT: cassandragrimps
⇢ FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/2ohClock/
⇢ PINTEREST: https://www.pinterest.com/cassandraanneg/