Sometimes, the cravings can get real. This is why preparation is so important!
Sometimes, all you need is a cute little date ball or a healthy chocolate avocado pudding – but you land up devouring an entire bag of flings, half a slab of Cadbury Top Deck and a can of coke.
We have all been there… but as the discoveries of the dangers of sugar and gluten on the brain increase – so too does the list of delicious and healthy alternatives!
I decided to make a video on my top 6 snacks that I enjoy making at home that help me avoid (or at least try to…) sugary sweets and unhealthy snacks.
Watch my video here:
Snack Ideas Include:
RECIPE ONE: Crunchy and Creamy
- 3 Rice Cakes
- Almond/Peanut Butter
- 1 Banana
- Chia Seeds
RECIPE TWO: Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 1/2 Frozen Avocado
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
RECIPE THREE: Frozen Coconut Date Balls
- 12-14 Dates
- 3/4 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Nibs
- 3/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 4 tbsp Chia Seeds
RECIPE FOUR: Chocolate Mud Cake/Brownie
- 2 tbsp (15g) whole wheat pastry flour or gluten-free flour
- 2 tbsp (10g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15mL) nonfat milk
- 3 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Spray a ramekin or coffee mug with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, coconut oil, Greek yogurt, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. (All ingredients)
- Microwave on medium power for 2 minutes 30 seconds.
- Let the cake cool for at least 2 minutes before eating.
- Serve with some berries, fresh cream, frozen yogurt or ice cream!
RECIPE FIVE: Creamy Banana Milkshake/Smoothie
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 5 Blocks Ice
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- Woolworths Beetroot Chips
- Lightly Salted/Butter Microwave Popcorn
Let me know if you give any of these snack ideas a try!
P.S. Sorry i haven’t been posting as regularly! I have been working hard on my YouTube channel – but I am now back at it and ready to get writing!
Let’s Get Social!
⇢ INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/2ohclock/
⇢ YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGC4bAKtoeHOudoCjuaH5tQ?view_as=subscriber
⇢ BLOG: https://2ohclock.com/
⇢ TWITTER: https://twitter.com/CGrimbly
⇢ FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/2ohClock/