If you’re looking for an easy, quick, delicious granola bar recipe that has no sugar but still tastes delicious… you’ve come to the right place!
Not only are these bars sure to fill you up – but they will take all those sweet cravings away in an instant. My family and I love chowing down on these as a snack before dinner or even crumbled over yogurt, an acai bowl or oats in the morning.
So let’s get cooking! or… baking!
Start by getting all of your ingredients ready.
You will need:
- 180g quick cooking oats (I use gluten free)
- 200g mixed nuts (I used cashews and almonds)
- 200g dates (fresh or dried – if using dried, you may need to add some water to help with the binding of the ingredients.)
- 100g shredded coconut
- 4-5tbsp honey
- 60g raisins
- Lay your oats and nuts on a piece of baking paper and toast in the oven at 180 degrees celsius for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place the dates (and a bit of water, if dried) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove the dates from the blender and mince the toasted nuts.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dates, oats, nuts and coconut together.
- Add the honey and raisins.
- Press the mixture into an oven dish lined with baking paper. Use a rolling pin or your hands to press it down. Make sure it is compacted well, so that they don’t fall apart when you cut them into bars later.
- Bake the bars for 20-30 minutes at 180 degrees celsius. Watch that the edges don’t burn. I like the crunchy dark bits so feel free to leave them in longer if you like it too!
Let the bars cool completely in the tray.
Once they have cooled completely, use a sharp knife to cut bars in any shape or size you like! I like to keep mine rustic so that I can choose to have a bigger or smaller piece…
Store the bars in an airtight container to keep them crunchy.
Store the extra crumbs in a little jar to top off your granola or yogurt!