It’s Friday and it’s time to bake!
What better is there than a moist banana bread with some salted butter and cinnamon? Talk about YUM!
So here I have for you a perfectly delicious, easy recipe that will make use of all your banana’s that have gone past the phase where anyone wants to eat it. The more overripe your bananas – the better!
The coconut flour can be replaced with any flour of your choice but I find it gives the bread this soft texture that makes it even more delectable!
This bread is super healthy: no oil, dairy or gluten – and if your bananas are overripe enough – no sugar is needed either!
For this recipe you will need:
- 2 very ripe bananas (the more black spots, the better!)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp. coconut sugar (Optional!)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Find the instructions below or watch me make it here:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius or 350ºF and line a your loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the coconut flour, eggs, coconut sugar (optional), cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and vanilla to the mashed banana. Use an electric whisk to beat the batter until smooth.
- Stir in the flaked almonds.
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan and bake for 25-35 minutes or until the centre of the loaf has risen and started to crack.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Store the loaf in an airtight container in the fridge. The loaf should last up to a week although you will have probably devoured it by then!
Hope you enjoy the recipe! Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Also, check out my newest vlog – I have been visiting my sister in Potchefstroom all week.
Have a lovely weekend! I hope you get loads of rest and spend time with the people who matter most to you.
Let’s Get Social!
⇢ INSTAGRAM : https://www.instagram.com/2ohclock/
⇢ BLOG : https://2ohclock.com/
⇢ TWITTER : https://twitter.com/CGrimbly
⇢ FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/2ohClock/